July 21st, 2020
This is what you have been waiting for…
We opened our doors Friday July 17th at 9am!!!
Temporary hours of operation are Monday to Friday from 9am to 9pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 9am to 6pm. (we are closed to the public weekdays 2-4pm cleaning/break)
*All monthly memberships will resume billing in August. Thank you for your support!
Click Here to Schedule a Gym Session:Schedule Appointment
Look forward to seeing you in the gym!
Brian and Irene
Elgin Fitness Measures
Several things may be a little different when you return to the gym. We have taken various steps to ensure a safer experience for everyone: Below is a list of some things to keep in mind
- Gym capacity is limited to 10 people per booking to ensure space for social distancing, and hours of operation are reduced. Early morning Key Fob access will not be allowed until regulations change.
- You are requested to book your workout on our schedule which is located on our website. Please show up only at the time of your booking and leave before your 60 minutes workout time ends (Do not linger in the hallways, wait outside the building if you are early).
- Upon entering the gym you will register by saying your name and your booking will be verified. We are taking daily temperatures and asking that you always sanitize your hands upon entry and exit of the facilities.
- No members may enter if they have any of the following symptoms: Fever, cough, sore throat, or if they feel unwell.
- Please maintain proper social distance at all times in the gym (6ft or 2m). We have marked off spacing in the entrance, and various areas throughout the gym.
- Please wear a mask at all times in the gym. Thank you!
- We have installed a sneeze guard at the front desk along with a Hepa filter.
- Our equipment has all been spaced approximately 6ft or 2m apart to ensure proper social distancing, this means some of our cardio equipment will be turned off, and some equipment has been removed.
- We have supplied hand sanitizers at various locations, along with sanitary wipes and hospital grade COVID-19 approved disinfectant for cleaning equipment.
- Members will be required to wipe machines before and after usage.
- The change rooms are accessible but with limited access. Please come dressed to workout, and do not bring extra belongings with you.
- Showers will not be permitted in the initial reopening phase.
- We have removed the large scale in the gym area and replaced it with digital step on scales in both change rooms.
- We have installed a HEPA filter in the stretching room and most of our windows will be opened throughout the day for increased ventilation.
- The water fountain is turned off for safety. Remember to bring your own water bottle. We will also be selling bottled water at reception .
- We have taped off individual workout spaces in the free weights and stretching areas, please do not remove benches from these spaces.
- To change TV channels please request help from reception.
- We are doing extra cleaning throughout the day and wiping high touch areas in the gym, so please do your part as well and help us maintain a safe, clean and fun place to exercise.
- Remember that we are all in this together so be patient and respectful of fellow members, and staff. We will be doing our best to serve you and keep you safe. Thank you!